While dinner is your last meal, it shouldn’t be left in the dust. By the time you reach the end of the day, however, the last thing you probably feel like doing is toiling in a hot kitchen with endless dishes in sight. Skip the clean-up and hours spent on your feet with this simple recipe for Chicken Taco Salad. Made with pre-cooked chicken, shredded cheese, and a number of fresh vegetables, this meal will leave you feeling fulfilled – then, all you have to do is a few dishes before you kick back for the rest of the evening. To get started, take a peek at the ingredients list and directions below.
For the salad
- 1 large head green leaf or romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup shredded Jack cheese
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
For the dressing
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing.
- Toss all the salad ingredients, except the tortilla chips and chicken, with the dressing. Then, top the salad with the chicken.
- Gently crush the tortilla chips slightly and use to top the salad. Finally, enjoy this recipe for five people!
Wildwood Ridge Apartments in Atlanta, Georgia