Coming up with new meal ideas can be a challenge. Luckily Wildwood Ridge Apartments in Atlanta, Georgia makes it simple by presenting deliciously realistic options, such as this one!
While meal ideas are a challenge, it’s good to approach planning by looking at the most healthy and beneficial ingredients to your body. Two that we can think of are sweet potatoes and black beans. Both promote healthy digestion, ward off various long-term illnesses, and help in weight management. Luckily, we know of a recipe that includes both of these ingredients, and it’s Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. Delectable and affordable, this recipe uses spices to make the ultimate meal. Take a peek below!
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Avocado and cilantro, for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the sweet potatoes on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a fork can easily be inserted into the flesh of the potatoes.
- When the sweet potatoes have about 10 minutes left, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and then add in onion. Sauté for 5 minutes until the onions begins to become translucent. Add in the spices stir and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Add the black beans to the skillet and toss to combine. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the black beans are fully heated through. About 5 minutes. Take off of heat and set aside.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done baking, let cool slightly. Once cool, cut the sweet potatoes open and shred the flesh from the skin so that the inside is mashed and easy to scoop out.
- Evenly spread the black bean mixture, avocado, cilantro, and sour cream on top of the 4 sweet potatoes. Enjoy!